Today I am sharing some green juice recipes. But first, let us talk a little about juicing. If you are wondering how juicing can benefit you, let me tell you. People who juice on a regular basis report several improvements, including better health, faster metabolism, more energy, more exercise endurance and have less desire to eat junk food. Those are great benefits if you are trying to have fun while living a healthy lifestyle. I have lots of information on juicing on this website, so take your time and learn how great juicing can be.
Here are some helpful juicing tips:
1. It is better to juice with masticating juicers. Using this extraction method, fewer nutrients are destroyed during the juicing process.
2. Have your juices consist of 50 – 70% green produce, as greens like spinach, kale and broccoli have many health benefits. The other 30 – 50% can be fruits like apples. When your juice is mostly greens, it is much healthier for you.
3. Juicing is a great way to have your kids get some veggies in their system if they do not like eating them. Juice veggies and fruits to make a sweet and nutritious drink that your kids will love.
4. Juicing can give you energy. All the dense nutrients in your glass of juice can ease joint pains, improve your memory and can even fight off the effects of aging caused by excessive free radicals.
5. Another great tip is to drink your juice right after you make it. Soon after your juice is made, it will start losing nutrients.
6. Apples are a great base for juices and they also can disguise the taste of some veggies you may not like very much.
There are so many benefits to juicing and it is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. Now, below I have some green juicing recipes for you. The emphasis on “green.”
Green Juice Recipes
Antioxidant Boost Juice
Handful Of Kale
Handful Of Green Grapes
1 Green Apple
Anti-Aging Boost Juice
This juice provides powerful antioxidants that can fuel all the cells of your body and fight the aging process. Vitamin C, vitamin A, and lutein increase collagen production thereby reducing the signs of aging.
1 Bunch Of Purple Grapes
1 Bunch Of Collard Greens
1/2 Cup Pitted Cherries
Lean Muscle Mass Juice
This juice will provide you with plenty of protein to feed and promote lean muscle mass that is key in healthy aging and weight management. Sweet potatoes provide lots of potassium, an essential mineral for cardiovascular health and turmeric has more than 100 health benefits.
1/2 Cup Of Sweet Potatoes
2 Apples (any kind you like, the red varieties will be more sweet)
3″ Piece Of Turmeric
2 Stalks Of Celery
3 Teaspoons Of Ground Almonds (mix in with a spoon after juice is done)
1 Small Green Apple
1″ Piece Of Ginger
1 Handful of Mint Leaves
Tomatoes have high amounts of beta-carotene and lycopene that help reduce risk for cancer and heart disease. They taste magnificent when juiced fresh at home.
2 Large Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Cilantro
Fresh ginger has many health benefits; it helps boost immunity, digestion, and blood circulation. Kale contains isothiocyanates, another immunity-boosting compound making these leafy superstars a go to for good health.
1 Bunch Of Kale
1″ Piece Of Ginger (peeled)
1 Small Green Apple
3 Stalks Of Celery
5 Spinach Leaves
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
2 Ounces Fresh Wheatgrass Juice
Juice all ingredients except wheatgrass, dilute with water as needed. Add wheatgrass juice and blend. Optional: Add 1/2 a lemon or 1 green apple for flavor to diminish the intensity of the vegetables.
Spinach Energy Blast
A refreshing and high-energy blend to get you going no matter your age.
5 To 6 Ounces Baby Spinach Leaves
2 Celery Sticks
1 Sprig Of Mint
1/2 Large Lemon
1 Green Apple
2 Medium Carrots
2″ Piece Of Ginger
That’s a few green juice recipes to get you started. I will be posting more. Please consider adding a green juice to your daily life. You can also get more green juice recipes at Amazon.