Today I wanted to share a couple of green smoothie recipes. As you probably know, green blender drinks are so healthy. I start my day with a green smoothie and I add a superfood called cacao nibs. It’s a great way to start your day.
Here’s the 2 green smoothie recipes I wanted to share with you today. The first is called the Good Morning Green recipe. This is another one perfect for starting your day. This recipe will yield around 3 or 4 cups. It contains lots of minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids. So, not only is it delicious but it’s also nutritious.
If you are a smoothie making beginner, you might need to get used to the taste. This smoothie tastes great but you can tweak the taste by adding other ingredients. Some ingredients might be flaxseed, nuts like walnuts or almonds, chia seeds, romaine lettuce or any fruit or vegetable. This is where you can just have fun experimenting with your favorite ingredients. If your smoothies come out too thick, you can always just add water. Okay, here we go……
Good Morning Green Smoothie
• 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, preferably organic
• 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
• 1 banana, peeled and sliced
• 1 cup purified or filtered water (replace with your favorite almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water for a healthy flavor boost)
• Add 1/2 cup of your water to your blender, along with your spinach leaves. Blend well.
• Add banana and remaining water, blending well.
• Slowly add green apples, blending until the desired texture is achieved.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 90 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 10 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g carbohydrates
Another one of the green smoothie recipes I have for you is called the Vegan Green Citrus Smoothie recipe. If you are new to the vegan lifestyle or to making smoothies, this green smoothie recipe combines vitamin C from oranges and grapefruit and blends them with healthy fiber, antioxidants and other wonderful nutrients and minerals that come from the watercress and kale.
You can also tweak this recipe by taking out one of the oranges and substituting it with a handful or two of your favorite leafy green. And like the recipe above, if you need to make it thinner, just add water.
Vegan Green Citrus Smoothie
• 1 cup kale leaves
• 1 cup watercress
• 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 2 oranges, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 1 banana, peeled
• 1 cup purified, filtered water
• Add half of your water to your blender, mixing in your watercress, kale and grapefruit. Blend well.
• Add the rest of your water, slowly adding in your banana and oranges. Blend well.
• You may want to add a little more water, coconut water or coconut milk to get the texture you are looking for.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 95 cal, 0 g fat, 3 g protein, 6 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 24 g carbohydrates
Those a just a couple of green smoothie recipes to get you started. I will be adding more as I go along. I will also be adding green juice recipes too.